UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — The staff of Research/Penn State magazine has announced a contest to find a superb research-related image to be published on its “At Large” pages in the Fall 2021 issue. The winning photographer will receive a high-quality print of the image, suitable for framing.
Research/Penn State is a biennial publication with a circulation of more than 32,000, covering research and creativity at the University.
A submitted photo:
- must relate to research being done by someone at Penn State (any campus).
- must be a strong horizontal so it can completely fill a two-page spread.
- must be available at high resolution, at least 300 dpi at a size of 11” x 17”.
- may be a scenic, close-up, or micrograph; realistic or abstract; color, black and white, or colorized. See the gallery of previous winners (below) for examples.
- may include a person in the scene, but should not be a portrait.
Deadline for submission is Friday, July 2.
Participants may submit more than one image, but be selective; please do not send a link to an entire collection of images.
Send entries to David Pacchioli at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide basic information about the image, such was where it was shot and the research it relates to.