As the new semester begins, students, families, faculty and staff are advised to visit the University’s official virus information website for the latest coronavirus-related information from Penn State. Since the pandemic’s earliest days, the website has been dedicated to providing the Penn State community with critical information and links to important resources across the University.
Returning visitors will notice significant updates to site navigation and content design, with a focus on pointing readers to the most critical and sought-after resources. These include:
- A page dedicated to information about testing, with links to additional information about contact tracing, and quarantine and isolation.
- Information about the University’s current status, focused on providing resources as students and faculty begin the semester in a remote environment. This page’s content will shift based on the current period – whether remote or mixed-mode instruction.
- Penn State’s COVID-19 dashboard, which also saw significant updates on Tuesday.
- A comprehensive list of links to virus-related information from Penn State campus locations across Pennsylvania.
- And pages dedicated to providing guidance on key topics, including Penn State's health guidelines on masking, physical distancing and gatherings; housing and dining information; travel guidelines and more.
The platform also features curated information and links for faculty and staff, students and families, and Penn State’s graduate and international student communities. The site’s comprehensive collection of FAQs remains available for users who wish to dig deeper on numerous topics, and a contact page is available to those who have questions.
Throughout the pandemic, the website will continue to serve as a regularly updated source of key information for all who work, live and learn at Penn State.