Pedal Power

Penn State Lehigh Valley is a top destination for cyclists with big dreams.

About Head Coach Mandy Marquardt

When Mandy Marquardt began her college career at Penn State Lehigh Valley, she became a standout member of the cycling team. 

"I love racing. It's my passion." 

But she didn't just race to win—she used her cycling power for good all over the world. 

In 2011, she took her wheels to Rwanda as part of Team Type 1, a group of cycling athletes who seek to inspire and help people around the world that are affected by diabetes. 

"We gave out supplies and I shared my story of not allowing diabetes to keep me from doing something that I love."

Cycling through the hills of Rwanda each day for a week, Mandy met with healthcare providers and patients in each district, empowering communities with information about diabetes management and personal experiences. 

After graduating from Lehigh Valley in 2014, she took over as head coach of the cycling team. She also races for Team Novo Nordisk and regularly earns top honors around the country. 

About Penn State Lehigh Valley

Penn State Lehigh Valley is located in Center Valley, Pennsylvania. The campus offers eight undergraduate majors or the option to start any of Penn State's more than 160 majors and finish at another campus. In addition, the campus offers more than twenty clubs and organizations, including club sports and intramural sports teams and intercollegiate athletics